Brian Cheng DDS, MD
Dr. Cheng completed his undergraduate studies from the University of Pennsylvania where he was a Benjamin Franklin Scholar. He then attended New York University College of Dentistry on a Full Tuition Merit scholarship and obtained his DDS degree. Among other honors Dr. Cheng was nominated to the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society in 1998. He then attended UCLA for his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from 1998 to 2004 culminating in a certificate for his specialty. As part of this program, Dr. Cheng also attended the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA obtaining the MD degree and completed one year of General Surgery internship. He was active in both basic and clinical science research throughout his training. In year 2004 Dr. Cheng completed an implant surgery fellowship at the UCLA Straumann implant center with Dr. Peter Moy, a world-renowned surgeon at the frontier of implant dentistry.
As of year 2020, Dr. Cheng has had sixteen years of experience serving the community with oral and maxillofacial surgery in his private offices in San Jose, Cupertino, and Santa Cruz. Dr Cheng’s passion is to create beautiful smiles, enhancing his patient’s lives, one patient at a time. Dr. Cheng has special interest in corrective jaw surgery and implant reconstructive surgery. Over the years Dr. Cheng has been active in the dental community by providing continuing education to fellow dentists with lectures and study groups.
Dr Cheng is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He maintains active licenses in General Anesthesia, Dentistry, and Medicine in the state of California. Dr. Cheng lived in different parts of the world and is fluent in Spanish and Mandarin.
Lectures and presentations
- Diagnosis and treatment planing in orthognathic surgery
- Presurgical orthodontic preparation for orthognathic surgery
- Orthognathic 3D treatment planing and CAD / CAM surgical splints
- Invisaling and orthognathic surgery
- Treatment of obstructive sleep apnea with orthognathic surgery
- From planing to execution using 2D and 3D virtual planing for orthognathic surgery
- Esthetic Alliance Program – Implant lecture series
- Implant in the anterior esthetic zone
- Complications in implant dentistry: a five year retrospective review of 2234 implants placed. How to avoid and treat implant complications.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Santa Clara County Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society
- O’Connor Hospital, San Jose
- Dominican Hospital, Santa Cruz